Thursday, October 30, 2008

Worky work





So i'm walking into work today. I'm all excited because i've got munchkins for the office. I'm crossing Pratt street and what do I hear? Someone leaning into their horn. I turn around like who's this jokester? And I see this black Lincoln Navigator doing about 50 mph in front of Panera going down the access road behind ESPN Zone. Well his car hits a piling on the dock (literally the only thing separating you from the water) and FLIIIIIIIIIIES into the water. I've NEVER seen anything like this before! Guy climbs out of his car onto the roof as I'm frantically dialing 911. (a little worried that I'm going to have to jump in the scumy Baltimore Harbor water in my Theory pants). Anyways some Aquarium folks threw him a life preserver and pulled him to shore. Guy curls up in the fetal position on the ground and the fire trucks finally get there. They just pulled out the car about 2 hours later. UPDATE: That's my blurry cell phone camera shot (i took AFTER i got off the phone with 911) of the guy on top of his car in the harbor.
The eyewitness account is pretty much the same as mine-- except I was on the phone with 911 and missed the guy yelling out that he couldnt swim. Good thing they found the life preserver!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I saw the fire trucks. You should have taken a picture with your cell phone!

john said...

I can't believe you were worried about your pants. Good Lord!

Anonymous said...

i got those pants for $20 a filenes!! they were a steal and i wear them to work like 3x a week! And i did get a pic-- it's blurry but i'll post

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been a very exciting day! Next time, snap the pic first then call 911. LOL.